Is Divorce Mediation
Divorce Mediation – Is it Right for You?
If you can work with your spouse in a respectful manner and you want the divorce to have the least effect on your children divorce, mediation may be right for you
Divorce mediation is a process by which you and your spouse or domestic partner divorce with dignity and focus on dissolving the relationship with the least adverse effects on your children and the two of you. The divorce mediation process is dependent upon the couple working in a cooperative, respectful manner to plan their future lives and how they will co-parent the children. An experienced divorce mediator like Mark Paige will guide the couple as they work through the process that includes: custody, decisions concerning the well-being of the children, financial issues and more. It is a rational, enlightened technique for a couple to end their marriage while maintaining a healthy relationship with the children and with each other as co-parents. It has been said that divorce mediation is the perfect way to divorce for parents who love and care about their children’s welfare more than they “hate” each other. It is for couples who can be rational with one another and are interested in working together to develop a healthy environment to co-parent their children.
Questions to determine if Divorce Mediation is the right option for your situation
- Are you able to speak with your significant other respectfully?
- Can you work with him or her in a cooperative manner (or at least with the help of a mediator)?
- Do you value divorcing with the least effects on your children more than getting even or getting revenge on your spouse?
- Would you and your spouse prefer to have control over the process, the divorce agreement, and your future rather than having a judge make the important decisions that impact your life and your children’s?
- Are you interested in learning a process that will enable you and your ex to plan and interact on matters of the children in a manner that is positive and less stressful than the traditional adversarial manner many relationships fall into after divorce? Are you interested in modeling a healthy new relationship with your ex for your children?
The Rockland County Divorce Mediation Center Has 15 Years Of Expereince
If you have answered yes to most of these questions, divorce mediation may very well be the best option for you and your spouse to dissolve your marriage. Divorce mediation is quicker, less costly and less stressful than an adversarial divorce. Mark Paige, the principal at The Rockland County Family Divorce Mediation Center, has over 15 years of providing divorce mediation to the lower Hudson Valley. If you live in Rockland, Orange, Westchester Counties, contact Mark at 845-639-0982.